Join us for six-weeks on Wednesdays during Lent for this book study. Registration includes an option for having dinner provided for you before class at a cost of $40 for all six weeks (less than $7 per meal). Kids twelve and under eat free.
It is widely asserted that good communication is the key to good relationships. Perhaps what is more accurate is that good listening is the key to good relationships. This class, guided by the book The Lost Art of Listening by Michael Nichols, will explore what it means to listen more deeply, with more compassion and without so much self-protection mixed in. Over the six weeks, we will consider:
- Listening with an Open Heart
- Listening to Understand Rather than Defend
- Listening with a willingness to Have Your Own Mind Changed
- Listening with only One Assumption
- Listening to be Close Rather than Right
- Listening by Suspending Your Own Needs
This class is facilitated by Rev. Lillie Brock for only $25, which includes class materials.