Because we are a congregational church, major decisions of the church are made by a vote of the full congregation, not just the leadership. Therefore, on July 1, we gather for three main purposes as we work toward a time of decision-making.
First, the Board will share what they have been hearing in feedback since our previous forum. Second, the Board will give a bit more detailed information about each of the three options presented for the congregation to consider. Finally, there will be an open time of sharing for the congregation to hear from one another. The Board wants to allow space and time for this important dialogue between the members of the congregation in advance of the July 15 Congregational Meeting. We hope you will prioritize this forum and the Congregational Meeting.
Again, the three options under consideration are:
1. Sell our current building and purchase a new smaller building that is more manageable for us.
2. Run a 1 million dollar, 3-4 year capital campaign that will reduce our debt on our current building to manageable level.
3. Reduce our staffing to one pastor with limited part-time support staff in order to be able to afford our current mortgage costs.
* If you missed the previous forum and wish to view the recording, email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for the video, and a link to the recording will be provided to you.